The Town of Gibsons is committed to supporting the development of a comprehensive active transportation network that will enable residents and visitors to safely walk or bike to various locations within the Town.
For those wanting to explore or travel through Gibsons by foot, we suggest a number of self-guided walks, including:
- Helen’s Way a low-gradient connector trail between Upper and Lower Gibsons that enables casual hikers and mountain bikers to enjoy nature, right in the heart of our town;
- The Bay Walk which winds through the Bay Area of Lower Gibsons;
- The Heritage Walk which winds through the Town’s Heritage Hills neighbourhood;
- Inglis Trail a forested trail which links Lower and Upper Gibsons; and
- Walk on Water Interpretive Tour a self-guided walk that visits 7 different points of interest around the Town of Gibsons. Signage at each spot explains the significance of the site and its relation to the Gibsons Aquifer.
We also recommend the Sunshine Coast Mobility Friendly Trail Guide which features low-gradient trails located across the Sunshine Coast.
Our active transportation network will continue to grow in 2022, thanks to a $675,000 grant which will be used to complete safe, continuous links between the tourism centres of Lower Gibsons and Upper Gibsons.