Credit card payments are not accepted directly by the Town of Gibsons. However, property taxes and utility bills may be paid by credit card or debit card using the PayTM Canada web platform or mobile app.
Accepted Credit and Debit Cards
PayTM Canada accepts VISA, VISA Debit, Mastercard and Mastercard Debit for payment of utility bills or property taxes.
Please note: PayTM charges the cardholder a convenience fee; the Town of Gibsons receives only the billed tax amount.
- When paying by credit card, a convenience fee of 1.75% of the total amount billed will be charged.
- When paying by debit card, a convenience fee of 1.25% of the total amount billed will be charged.
To avoid penalties, it is the taxpayer’s responsibility to ensure the payment is received on time by the Town of Gibsons. When using PayTM Canada, please allow up to five business days for payments to be processed.
How to Pay with PayTM Canada – Web-Based App
- Click here to access the PayTM Canada web-based app.
- Select which invoice you would like to pay (Property Tax or Utility Bill).
- Enter the property tax roll number or the utility account number, amount to pay, name on account, email and phone number. Click “Continue to payment”.
- Total due, including the convenience fee, will appear. If you wish to continue, enter Payment details as required. Click “Pay” button.
- Confirmation of payment will appear, along with the option to download a receipt. A confirmation email is also sent to your email address as provided in Step 3.
How to Pay with PayTM Canada – Mobile App
Using the PayTM Mobile App to pay your property taxes or utility bill requires creating and verifying a PayTM Canada account. To get started, click here.