Qualified electors of the Town of Gibsons may vote at one of the following voting opportunities.
General Voting Day – Gibsons and Area Community Centre, 700 Park Road, Gibsons
- Saturday, October 20, 2018 – 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Advance Voting Days – Gibsons and Area Community Centre, 700 Park Road, Gibsons
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 – 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018 – 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Special Voting Opportunities
- St. Mary’s Hospital on October 20, 2018 from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. for qualified electors who are patients at the hospital at the time of voting
- Christenson Village, 585 Shaw Road, Gibsons on October 20, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for qualified electors who are residents of that facility at the time of voting
Mail Ballot Voting
Mail Ballot Voting is available to persons who have a physical disability, illness or injury or persons who expect to be absent from the municipality on General Voting Day and at the times of Advance Voting opportunities.
Please complete the MAIL BALLOT APPLICATION and mail or deliver it to the Chief Election Officer before October 18th in person, by mail or delivery.
- by mail: Chief Election Officer, Town of Gibsons, PO Box 340, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V0
- in person or by delivery: Chief Election Officer, Town of Gibsons, 474 South Fletcher Road, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V0
OR send an email with the following information to CEO@gibsons.ca
- Full name,
- Residential address,
- Address of the property in relation to which you are voting (for non-resident property electors).
- Method of delivery of your mail ballot package:
(a) pick up at Town of Gibsons, OR
(b) regular letter mail through Canada Post to your residential address, OR
(c) regular letter mail through Canada Post to an alternate address that you provide when requesting the ballot package.
To ensure you receive the correct registration application form in your package, you must indicate whether you are going to be registering as a resident or non-resident property elector.
Once ballots are printed you will be notified to come into Town Hall and pick it up in person OR it will be mailed to the address you have provided. We anticipate receiving ballots for distribution on or around October 1, 2018.
When you receive your Mail Ballot Package, complete the ballot, and registration forms if necessary, return it to the Chief Election Officer using the envelopes provided no later than the close of voting (8:00 p.m.) on General Voting Day, October 20, 2018.