Road Repair and Maintenance

Our Public Works Department is responsible for maintaining and repairing all roads, lanes and sidewalks within the Town of Gibsons. This includes:

  • 36.5 kms paved road
  • 2.0 kms unpaved road
  • 15.3 kms hard surfaced sidewalk
  • 1.7 kms gravel surfaced sidewalk
  • ornamental street lighting
  • street signage

**The Town of Gibsons is NOT responsible for Highway 101, which passes through Gibsons. Highway 101 is maintained and repaired by the Province of BC –  Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure. If you have a complaint or issue regarding Highway 101, please contact Capilano Highway Services at 604.983.2411. This number is monitored 24 hours a day and is the best number to call if there is an immediate road issue.

Roads and Sidewalks

If a road or sidewalk is in need of repair please email or call the Town Hall at 604-886-2274 and we will investigate the request and make the necessary repairs.

Street Signs

Requests for new (e.g. hazard, stop, or any warning), missing or broken street signs  must be submitted in writing to

Street Lights

Requests for maintenance on street lights within the Town of Gibsons should be submitted to Town Hall. Call 604-886-2274 and speak with our receptionist. The Town is responsible for replacing lights on the ornamental (metal) poles and BC Hydro is responsible for those mounted on wooden poles. Our staff will ensure your request is forwarded to the correct area for response.