In accordance with the Accessible British Columbia Act, Council passed a resolution to establish the Accessibility Advisory Committee on December 15, 2022.
The Accessibility Advisory Committee will assist Council in the development of an Accessibility Plan to identify, remove, and prevent barriers for individuals interacting with the Town of Gibsons. Council must adopt the Accessibility Plan by September 1, 2023.
The Committee may consider barriers in relation to any of the following:
(b) delivery of services;
(c) the built environment;
(d) information and communications;
(g) education; and,
- Councillor Croal (voting member)
- Councillor De Andrade (alternate voting member)
- Ellen Eaton (voting member)
- Anna Lattanzi (voting member)
- Dawn Miller (voting member)
- Colten Rockford (voting member)
- Two (2) Town of Gibsons staff members (TBD) (non-voting members)
Read the complete Terms of Reference for more information on the Accessibility Advisory Committee’s Duties and Responsibilities, Appointment and Membership