Home Owner Grant - Town of Gibsons

Since 2021, all home owner grant applications must be submitted directly to the BC provincial government through a secure online application.

Municipalities (like the Town of Gibsons) may no longer accept any home owner grant applications.

When can BC homeowners apply for their home owner grant?

Homeowners may now apply for their current year or retroactive home owner grants online at:


If you would prefer to apply for your home owner grant over the phone, please call the contact centre and speak with an agent, toll-free at: 1.888.355.2700


 Where can BC homeowners find more information about the recent change in application process?

Homeowners can learn more about this change by going to the website, or calling the phone number, as shown above.

Homeowners may also subscribe to receive updates on centralization of the BC Home Owner Grant at: gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant

How can I change my home owner grant after submitting it?

To learn how to make a change to your home owner grant application after you’ve submitted it, please visit this Province of BC website.

If I defer my property taxes, am I still required to claim the home owners grants?