Town of Gibsons recognizes that from time to time individuals, groups and non-profit organizations representing the local community or the Sunshine Coast Region may need assistance to participate in an activity, start-up a new program or enhance a program that is already established. Assistance will not be provided to a business or for the purpose of competing with a business.
Individuals or groups and non-profit organizations in the community may apply for assistance under two categories:
- Category A: Short term assistance of a financial nature (including grants, fee or tax exemptions, loans or loan guarantees) Download a copy of the Application form
- Category B: Long term use of Town owned lands or facilities, a lease or licence of occupation.
Deadline for Applications
There are two intakes per year for Grants of Assistance. Please submit completed applications to the Director of Finance by March 15th or September 15th.
Assistance approved by Council will reflect the following priorities:
- youth programs
- seniors programs
- programs that benefit disadvantaged members of the community
- programs that are designed to improve the economic, social and environmental well-being of the community
- events that are held in the community and are open to all members of the community
- new programs or enhancements to existing programs
To view the Grants of Assistance Policy, click here.