The Finance department is responsible for ensuring the financial health of the municipality, from long term planning of capital and operating expenditures, to collections and billing of taxes and accounts payable. Included are payroll, utility billing, insurance monitoring, management of permissive tax exemptions, tax sale and audit requirements, and provincial government reporting.
The Finance Department provides financial guidance and support to all departments working within the municipality and assists in identify funding for projects and initiatives directly related to priorities identified in the Strategic Plan.
- property taxation and collection
- utility billings and collection
- Grants of Assistance administration
- payroll, pensions and benefits administration
- financial planning, budgeting, annual reporting and municipal investing
- grant applications