Signage - Town of Gibsons

You need a Sign Permit in the Town of Gibsons for any of the following signs that will be displayed:

  • Awning Sign
  • Changeable Copy Sign
  • Freestanding or Monument Sign
  • Projecting or Suspended Sign
  • Sandwich Board Signs
  • Wall Signs
  • Window Signs

Businesses are allowed to have a maximum of 3 signs.

A sign permit is not required for a sign that is identified in a Development Permit or a Development Variance Permit.

How to apply
Complete the Sign Permit Application Form (see below) and submit the required documents and fee to the Town of Gibsons.

Application fees
At the time of submitting the application, you are required to pay the application fee. This fee is non-refundable and is intended to recover a portion of the costs of processing the application. The fees are shown in the table below:

Description Fee Unit
Permit for a single sign $50 Per application
Permit for two or more signs $75 Per application
Permit for a Sandwich Board $50 Per application
Permit to change face of each existing conforming sign $25 Per Sign
Retroactively permit a sign that has been installed without a sign permit in good standing $150 Per Sign


Sign Bylaw 2016
Sign Bylaw Brochure
2019 Sign Permit Guide and Application Form