Sidewalk, Street Sign and Streetlight Repairs

Roads and Sidewalks

If a road or sidewalk is in need of repair please email or call the Town Hall at 604-886-2274 and we will investigate the request and make the necessary repairs.

Street Signs

Requests for new (e.g. hazard, stop, or any warning), missing or broken street signs  must be submitted in writing to

Street Lights

Requests for maintenance on street lights within the Town of Gibsons should be submitted to Town Hall. Call 604-886-2274 and speak with our receptionist. The Town is responsible for replacing lights on the ornamental (metal) poles and BC Hydro is responsible for those mounted on wooden poles. Our staff will ensure your request is forwarded to the correct area for response.

Street Light Replacement Project

Over the next three years, BC Hydro will be replacing high pressure sodium (HPS) street lights in communities across the province with energy-efficient LEDs. This is an important project to meet federal regulations that require all light ballasts containing Poly-Chlorinated Bephenyls (PCBs) be removed by the end of 2025.

Across Canada, many communities are switching to LED street lights for much the same reason people are using them in their homes: they use far less energy, are more reliable, last longer and are more sustainable.

LED street lights also help improve public safety by increasing the visibility of sidewalks and roads at night, as well as help reduce light pollution.

In Gibsons, BC Hydro will be converting about 300 streetlights. The replacement project began in spring 2021 and should be complete by the end of 2022.

We have chosen 39W/3000K lights as our replacement LED lighting. This is the lowest wattage available and is designed to provide a warm white (vs. a cool white).