Many fantastic local volunteer/service groups contribute valuable – and valued – resources toward the social welfare, collective health and ecological wellbeing of the Town of Gibsons and Sunshine Coast. These include:
- 1st Gibsons Scouts – Scouts Canada is the country’s leading co-ed youth organization, offering programming for children and youth aged 5-26.
- Gibsons Lions Club – Lions Clubs International is the world’s largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.
- Gibsons Salvation Army Food Bank – delivers several different food programs within our community.
- Gibsons Seniors Society – provides an extensive and flexible array of recreational, social, and cultural activities and the space to promote overall wellness in a safe and welcoming environment operated by volunteers.
- Gibsons Wildlife Rehab Centre — a non-profit, registered society that cares for wild birds and small mammals in distress. Each year, the GWRC receives hundreds of calls on behalf of injured and orphaned wildlife. The GWRC provides for the animal’s every need, including feeding, watering, daily cleaning and medicating (if necessary). Always seeking volunteers.
- Gibsons & District Volunteer Fire Department – improves the quality of life in our fire protection district by reducing suffering from loss of life, destruction of property, and damage to the environment.
- Rotary Club of Gibsons – membership in a Rotary club is something granted to those willing to commit to assisting in both their local communities and the global community.
- Special Olympics Sunshine Coast – volunteer, non-profit organization providing sport, recreation training and competition to athletes with intellectual disabilities on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia.
- St Bart’s Food Bank – no-barrier, volunteer-run community food bank service.
- Sunshine Coast Association for Community Living – envisions a thriving community that offers people living with disabilities meaningful work, full community inclusion and advanced citizenship.
- Sunshine Coast Community Services Society – a community-based organization that provides services through more than 30 programs all along the Coast in four key areas – Community Action and Engagement; Together Against Violence; Child and Family Counselling; and Family, Youth and Children’s Services. The SCCSS has a strong volunteer program that provides training, mentorship, and a rewarding work experience.
- Sunshine Coast Conservation Association – a registered non-profit charity volunteer association which represents local conservation and community groups, and individual members, working together to protect biodiversity on the Sunshine Coast.
- Sunshine Coast Health Care Auxiliary – provides volunteer services and raises funds to enhance the quality of healthcare on the Sunshine Coast.
- Sunshine Coast Hospice – provides compassionate, respectful, end-of-life and bereavement support for residents of the Sunshine Coast, through trained and experienced volunteers.
- Sunshine Coast Resource Centre – a “one-stop-shop” for people seeking a community, social or government service or program. The SCRC relies on volunteers for support in their office and special projects throughout the year.
- Sunshine Coast Streamkeepers Society – an organization of people from different communities along the Sunshine Coast whose goal is to have groups of stream stewards for each local creek, so they can advocate for the wild salmon and their habitat!
- Sunshine Coast Search and Rescue – a volunteer Search and Rescue team serving the lower Sunshine Coast of BC.
Learn more about each group, including how to donate your time (or money), by following the link to their website.
Did we miss your organization? Please send a note to email@example.com. We’d be happy to add you!