Gibsons’ Town Hall is open and has implemented a COVID-19 Site Safety Plan to help protect our staff and the public when they interact. This includes a mandatory mask policy, which requires all individuals entering Town-operated properties to wear a mask.
As in-person service is limited and in order to further reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, we encourage citizens to engage with us by phone at 604.886.2274 or by email at email@example.com.
Under our safety plan, some employees are working from home. As a result, we are asking the public to please be patient if there is a delayed response to an enquiry.
We are offering limited in-person municipal services and ICBC services at Town Hall, with the following operational changes implemented in recognition of COVID-19:
- There are now two separate entrances to Town Hall, one for ICBC services (on the left) and one for Town Hall municipal business (on the right);
- Access to counter services at Town Hall is limited to 1 person per side;
- Plexiglas shields have been installed along the front service counter; and
- Hours of service have been changed to 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Masks must be worn by all individuals entering Town-operated facilities. Additionally, we ask that you please stay home if you have any flu-like symptoms.
To ensure the public can continue to participate in all Council and committee meetings, as well as Public Hearings, these sessions are now being held online. To access all the details, including the links required to join each meeting, please visit our dedicated webpage.
- Municipal water and sewer services are continuing as usual.
- Garbage and organic pick up are continuing as usual on regularly scheduled days. Click here, or download the Gibsons’ Waste Management App (available at iTunes or Google Play) to see your schedule.
- To arrange to purchase extra garbage collection tags or organic bins, please call 604.886.2274.
- The water dispenser beside the Sunshine Coast Museum and Archives has been shut off until further notice.
- Please visit our dedicated Public Washrooms webpage for up-to-date information on open washroom facilities in the Town of Gibsons
- Follow the links to find maps of public washroom locations in the District of Sechelt and across the Sunshine Coast. (Please note that some washrooms may be closed, depending on the season and time of day.)
Planning and Development
We are continuing to provide planning building, and bylaw enforcement services by phone, email and in-person, when necessary. For information on how to contact each department, please see below:
- Please direct planning inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please direct business licence and bylaw enquiries to email@example.com
- Please direct building enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development applications, building permits and business license applications should be submitted digitally or by mail with payment made by check with your application. Please call ahead if you plan to drop off a building permit / development application: 604-886-2274
- On-site building inspections are continuing with 2-metre distancing measures in place. Building Officials will only enter a building with one other person (such as the general contractor). Please exercise optimal hygiene with Town staff on your work site.
- Our Bylaw Enforcement Officer is continuing to respond to calls, while always maintaining 2-metre distancing measures.
- Completed permits and licenses will be returned to applicants digitally or by mail.