The Town of Gibsons has an opening in the ICBC Department for an ICBC Clerk I Casual. The casual position will provide coverage for vacation and sick leave on an as-needed basis.
The ICBC Clerk I reports to the Director of Corporate Services and is responsible for performing all aspects relating to ICBC and Driver Services customer service and sales. The ICBC Clerk I will also maintain filing systems pertaining to ICBC, Driver Services reports, manuals and critical decal inventory. They will also have a strong understanding and experience in general office operations.
- ICBC Online Introduction to Autoplan.
- ICBC Autoplan Essentials Certificate and/or Autoplan Basics for Brokers Certificate.
- Three years experience with ICBC Insurance and/or Driver Services, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public, in person and on the telephone, in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively in a manner which results in the completion of essential tasks, on time.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with the public, supervisor and other staff members.
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgement in carrying out duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong understanding of, and commitment to, customer service and public relations.
The successful applicant will have a strong knowledge of ICBC insurance, be highly organized and people-oriented, and have the ability to work in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
The rate of pay for this position is currently $26.72 per hour.
The above is a synopsis of the job requirements; click here to view a complete job description.
Interested applicants should outline their abilities in writing by 4:30pm, Thursday, October 17th, 2019 and submit to:
Town of Gibsons
474 South Fletcher Road
PO Box 340, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V0
Applicants should include resume and cover letter. The Town thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.